valea-uzului.ro
  • Home
  • News
  • Photo gallery
HU | RO | EN | DE
uz-volgye.ro – Úzvölgyi katonatemető

Romanian Prosecutor’s Verdict about Úzvölgye Incident Contains Surprising Conclusions

Published: 07 August 2020

Úzvölgye (Valea Uzului) incident in 2019Hungary Today | 03 August 2020

The slogan “Out of the country with the Hungarians!” is not an incitement, according to a Romanian prosecutor’s verdict about the Úzvölgye (Valea Uzului) incident. The decree contains other surprising conclusions too.

This is the decree by which the prosecutor of the Moinești (Mojnest) court closed an investigation without charges about the violent events in the Úzvölgye military cemetery. On June 6, 2019, Romanian nationalists broke onto the site and started abusing the peacefully protesting ethnic Hungarians. The military cemetery is the largest WW1 memorial site in Romania’s Hargita (Harghita) County, containing the graves of some 600 soldiers from Austria-Hungary. However, the local council of the nearby town of Dormănești (Dormánfalva), in Bacau (Bákó) County, has moved presumably unlawfully to establish a memorial site in the cemetery for Romanian soldiers who fell in the Second World War. This is what the Hungarians and Szeklers tried to prevent by forming a human chain when the incident occurred.

Read more …

No criminal acts were committed in Úz Valley incident, says prosecution

Published: 06 August 2020

No criminal acts were committed in Úz Valley incident, says prosecutiontransylvanianow.com - August 4, 2020 | Éva Zay

It has now been made public why the case concerning the scandalous acts committed last year in the WWI-era Austro-Hungarian cemetery in the Úz Valley was closed without any indictment. According to prosecutor Daniel Gălbează, no criminal offense was committed at the site. He is also of the opinion that the slogan “Out with Hungarians from the country” is a “so-called anti-Hungarian chant” but is “neither instigation, nor discrimination.” The case had actually already been closed in February, but the motivation for the prosecutor’s decision was published just the other day, Hotnews portal reported.

Read the full article here: transylvanianow.com

Szekler politician’s penalty for Úz Valley human chain invalidated

Published: 21 July 2020

Live chain at the entrance to the cemetery - 6 June 2019transylvanianow.com - July 21, 2020 | Attila Szoó

The Csíkszereda/Miercurea Ciuc Court in the first instance invalidated the gendarmerie report in connection to the RON 3,000 (EUR 620) penalty given to President of Hargita/Harghita County Csaba Borboly. The fine was for helping to organize the human chain formed in front of the Úz Valley military cemetery on June 6 of last year.

Read the full article here: transylvanianow.com

Bákó County prefect obliged to issue all documents about Úz Valley cemetery

Published: 15 July 2020

Bákó County prefect obliged to issue all documents about Úz Valley cemeterytransylvanianow.com - July 15, 2020 | Orsi Sárány

In its final decision on Tuesday, June 14, the Marosvásárhelyen (Târgu Mureș) Court ordered the prefect of Bákó (Bacău) County to issue all legal documents in its possession concerning the Úz Valley cemetery. The judgment was published on the portal of the Romanian courts.

The lawsuit against the Bákó County prefect was initiated by Hargita County Council President Csaba Borboly, as an individual, after the prefect rejected his request for data.

Read the full article here: transylvanianow.com

U.S. State Department on Úz Valley cemetery abuse

Published: 16 June 2020

Angry Romanians Break into Úzvölgye WW1 Memorial Site, Attack Peaceful Hungarian Protesters transylvanianow.com - June 16, 2020 | Attila Szoó

The US State Department, the federal department responsible for carrying out the foreign policy of the United States, published a 22-page report on religious freedom in Romania, in, which among others, the Úz Valley incident is mentioned.

Read more …

  1. Romanian nationalists celebrated in Úz Valley, neglecting pandemic rules
  2. Animal remains, not Romanian soldier’s bones in Úz Valley
  3. Multinational delegation visits Úz Valley military graveyard
  4. Exhibition of “civilian” WWI photographs from Úz Valley

Page 3 of 15

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10

Photo gallery | Úz Valley military cemetery

Úzvölgyi katonatemető – Fotótár
Úzvölgyi katonatemető – Fotótár
Úzvölgyi katonatemető – Fotótár
Úzvölgyi katonatemető – Fotótár

Latest News | Úz valley military cemetery

  • Úz Valley military cemetery - Preparations are underway for the placement of new Romanian crosses

    The "Calea Neamului" organization is preparing to place 150 wooden crosses in the military cemetery in Valea Uzului on Saturday to replace the removed concrete crosses. The mayor of Sânmartin hopes the Romanian authorities will do their job.

  • Úz Valley military cemetery - Concrete crosses removed from the cemetery

    The illegally erected concrete crosses have been removed from the military cemetery in úzvölgy, Sándor Birtalan, mayor of Csíkszentmárton, confirmed to MTI. The mayor of the Harghita County municipality went to the site personally on Thursday to...

  • Úz Valley military cemetery - General Court: the ownership of Dormánfalva should be deleted from the land register

    Another victory for the Hungarians in Transylvania in the case of the military cemetery in Úz Valley: the Bacau County Court has finally cancelled the ownership of the cemetery by the town of Dormánfalva (Darmanesti) in Bacau County, Moldova. An...

  • Úz Valley military cemetery - Court of First Instance: unlawful concrete crosses must be removed

    The Bacău Trial Court ruled on Friday that the appeal in a case against the military cemetery in Úzvölgy was unfounded and upheld the lower court's ruling in favour of Csíkszentmárton. An extract of the second instance judgment of the Trial Court...

  • Úz Valley lawsuits drag on

    transylvanianow.com - August 3, 2021 | Attila Szoó The trial of the administrative lawsuit based on the unsolved border dispute between the Hargita (Harghita) County’s Csíkszentmárton (Sânmartin Ciuc) and the Bákó (Bacău) County’s Dormánfalva...

Úz-völgye a XIX. században | Forrás: maps.arcanum.com

Home | News | Photo gallery

© 2019 - 2024 - uz-volgye.ro | valea-uzului.ro | Imprint