valea-uzului.ro
  • Home
  • News
  • Photo gallery
HU | RO | EN | DE
uz-volgye.ro – Úzvölgyi katonatemető

Romanians decorated for “occupation” of Austro-Hungarian cemetery

Published: 28 October 2019

transylvanianow.com - October 28, 2019 | Attila Szoó

Last Friday, the mayor of Dărmănești (Dormánfalva in Hungarian), Constantin Toma, decorated those who were the first to enter the Austro-Hungarian military graveyard of Úz Valley on June 6 after bypassing the peacefully praying human chain of ethnic Hungarians. The orthodox priest who – after the violent graveyard occupation – consecrated the freshly and illegally erected Romanian war memorial in the cemetery was also decorated.

Read the full article here: transylvanianow.com

Romania postpones on-site fact-finding in Úz Valley

Published: 04 October 2019

transylvanianow.com - October 4, 2019 | István Fekete

The Romanian Defence Ministry has postponed a joint Hungarian-Romanian on site fact-finding visit to the disputed Úz Valley military graveyard for the last week of October, putting the visit just after a planned demonstration of a radical Romanian nationalist group.

Read the full article here: transylvanianow.com

Úzvölgye WWI Cemetery: Hungary Turns to Council of Europe over Dispute with Romania

Published: 02 October 2019

Violent cemetery reservation 6 June 2019hungarytoday.hu | MTI-Hungary Today 02 October 2019

Hungary has turned to the Council of Europe’s Committee of Ministers over a dispute with Romania around a memorial site in the Úzvölgye (Valea Uzului) military cemetery in the country’s Harghita County, a lawmaker of ruling Fidesz said in Strasbourg on Tuesday.

Read more …

Orthodox nationalists plan torch-lit march at the Úz Valley graveyard

Published: 12 September 2019

transylvanianow.com - September 12, 2019 | István Fekete

Far-right Orthodox nationalist groups and their leaders have a special gift, a “natural-born talent,” for promoting false data to their followers, which recently came into the spotlight due to the interethnic conflict caused by these people at the Úz Valley military graveyard on June 6. They deliberately ignore the information published in official documents and forcefully push their own myths and agenda, which causes unwanted tensions between Hungarians and Romanians. The latest such effort is a torch-lit march scheduled for October 25 at the Úz Valley cemetery in memory of the 149 Romanian soldiers who fell in the Úz Valley battle during World War I.

Read the full article here: transylvanianow.com

 

Anti-Discrimination Council investigating Hungarian politicians

Published: 05 September 2019

Angry Romanians Break into Úzvölgye WW1 Memorial Site, Attack Peaceful Hungarian Protesters transylvanianow.com - September 5, 2019 | Attila Szoó

Based on charges by Romanian nationalist organizations the Romanian National Anti-Discrimination Council (CNCD) started to investigate the responsibility of some Transylvanian-Hungarian politician in connection to the Úz Valley incident that happened on the 6th of June 2019.

Read the full article here: transylvanianow.com

 

  1. Csaba Böjte: laws should apply to everyone equally
  2. Thousands expected for 25th commemoration of Úz Valley battle
  3. Úzvölgye Cemetery: More Alleged Romanian Soldiers to Be in Fact, Hungarian
  4. Five of eleven soldiers said to be Romanian were Hungarian citizens

Page 5 of 15

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10

Photo gallery | Úz Valley military cemetery

Úzvölgyi katonatemető – Fotótár
Úzvölgyi katonatemető – Fotótár
Úzvölgyi katonatemető – Fotótár
Úzvölgyi katonatemető – Fotótár

Latest News | Úz valley military cemetery

  • Úz Valley military cemetery - Preparations are underway for the placement of new Romanian crosses

    The "Calea Neamului" organization is preparing to place 150 wooden crosses in the military cemetery in Valea Uzului on Saturday to replace the removed concrete crosses. The mayor of Sânmartin hopes the Romanian authorities will do their job.

  • Úz Valley military cemetery - Concrete crosses removed from the cemetery

    The illegally erected concrete crosses have been removed from the military cemetery in úzvölgy, Sándor Birtalan, mayor of Csíkszentmárton, confirmed to MTI. The mayor of the Harghita County municipality went to the site personally on Thursday to...

  • Úz Valley military cemetery - General Court: the ownership of Dormánfalva should be deleted from the land register

    Another victory for the Hungarians in Transylvania in the case of the military cemetery in Úz Valley: the Bacau County Court has finally cancelled the ownership of the cemetery by the town of Dormánfalva (Darmanesti) in Bacau County, Moldova. An...

  • Úz Valley military cemetery - Court of First Instance: unlawful concrete crosses must be removed

    The Bacău Trial Court ruled on Friday that the appeal in a case against the military cemetery in Úzvölgy was unfounded and upheld the lower court's ruling in favour of Csíkszentmárton. An extract of the second instance judgment of the Trial Court...

  • Úz Valley lawsuits drag on

    transylvanianow.com - August 3, 2021 | Attila Szoó The trial of the administrative lawsuit based on the unsolved border dispute between the Hargita (Harghita) County’s Csíkszentmárton (Sânmartin Ciuc) and the Bákó (Bacău) County’s Dormánfalva...

Úz-völgye a XIX. században | Forrás: maps.arcanum.com

Home | News | Photo gallery

© 2019 - 2024 - uz-volgye.ro | valea-uzului.ro | Imprint