valea-uzului.ro
  • Home
  • News
  • Photo gallery
HU | RO | EN | DE
uz-volgye.ro – Úzvölgyi katonatemető

Foreign Minister Calls for Punishing Those Responsible for Úzvölgye Incident

Published: 13 June 2019

MTI-Hungary Today | 13.06.2019.

Romania should punish those “truly responsible” for the violent incident in the Úzvölgye (Valea Uzului) memorial cemetery instead of penalising peaceful commemorators, Hungarian Foreign Minister Péter Szijjártó said in Budapest on Thursday.

Hungary expects Romania to conduct a “fair review” of last Thursday’s clash in the cemetery in eastern Romania, he said.

Read more …

Hungarian, Romanian foreign ministers discuss Úz valley graveyard

Published: 12 June 2019

transylvanianow.com - 11.06.2019 | Dénes Albert

Hungarian Foreign Minister Péter Szíjjártó spoke over the phone on Monday with his Romanian counterpart, Teodor Meleșcanu, in an attempt to solve the diplomatic dispute over an Austro-Hungarian military graveyard in Transylvania, vandalized last week by Romanian nationalists.

Read the full article here: transylvanianow.com

Szijjártó: Hungary Expects Romania to Restore WWI Cemetery

Published: 11 June 2019

MTI-Hungary Today | 11. 06. 2019.

The Hungarian government expects Romania’s authorities to restore the Úzvölgye (Valea Uzului) military cemetery “to its original state”, Foreign Minister Péter Szijjártó said in parliament on Tuesday.

In agreement with Romania’s ethnic Hungarian RMDSZ party, the government considers restoration of the shrine “the only acceptable decision”, Szijjártó said.

Read more …

Infamous gendarmerie colonel led troops during Úz graveyard attack

Published: 09 June 2019

transylvanianow.com - 07.06.2019 | Dénes Albert

An infamous colonel was in charge of the Gendarmerie forces (see footnote) at the site of the attack of Romanian nationalists against the Úz valley Austro-Hungarian military graveyard, Romanian press reports.

Colonel Sebastian Cucoș was the commander of the Gendarmerie at the time when last August the force brutally dispersed an anti-government demonstration during which dozens of protesters have been severely injured.

Read the full article here: transylvanianow.com

FUEN condemns the vandalism and provocation happened in the Uz Valley Hungarian military graveyard in Romania

Published: 09 June 2019

fuen.org | Press releases | 07.06.2019

Hundreds of Romanians broke into a graveyard of Hungarian war heroes in Úz Valley (Valea Uzului in Romanian), a Transylvanian village on 6 June 2019 to lay wreaths at the illegally erected stone crosses of Romanian war heroes purportedly laying in the World War I Hungarian-Austrian military graveyard. The violent crowd broke through the police cordon and the live chain formed by a peaceful gathering of the members of the Hungarian community trying to protect the graveyard. They tore down the gate and broke into the cemetery to hold a commemoration, all while vandalizing several of the Hungarian graves, making provocative chants and throwing stones at the Hungarians present.

Read more …

  1. Kelemen Hunor on Valea Uzului inter-ethnic incident: An act of vandalism, we will complain to international bodies
  2. Romanian ambassador to Hungary claims to have suggested rescheduling his call
  3. Love thy neighbor (Matt. 22:39)
  4. Semjén in Úzvölgye Military Cemetery: ‘An Adult Nation Cannot Be Defamatory of The Dead’

Page 11 of 15

  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15

Photo gallery | Úz Valley military cemetery

Úzvölgyi katonatemető – Fotótár
Úzvölgyi katonatemető – Fotótár
Úzvölgyi katonatemető – Fotótár
Úzvölgyi katonatemető – Fotótár

Latest News | Úz valley military cemetery

  • Úz Valley military cemetery - Preparations are underway for the placement of new Romanian crosses

    The "Calea Neamului" organization is preparing to place 150 wooden crosses in the military cemetery in Valea Uzului on Saturday to replace the removed concrete crosses. The mayor of Sânmartin hopes the Romanian authorities will do their job.

  • Úz Valley military cemetery - Concrete crosses removed from the cemetery

    The illegally erected concrete crosses have been removed from the military cemetery in úzvölgy, Sándor Birtalan, mayor of Csíkszentmárton, confirmed to MTI. The mayor of the Harghita County municipality went to the site personally on Thursday to...

  • Úz Valley military cemetery - General Court: the ownership of Dormánfalva should be deleted from the land register

    Another victory for the Hungarians in Transylvania in the case of the military cemetery in Úz Valley: the Bacau County Court has finally cancelled the ownership of the cemetery by the town of Dormánfalva (Darmanesti) in Bacau County, Moldova. An...

  • Úz Valley military cemetery - Court of First Instance: unlawful concrete crosses must be removed

    The Bacău Trial Court ruled on Friday that the appeal in a case against the military cemetery in Úzvölgy was unfounded and upheld the lower court's ruling in favour of Csíkszentmárton. An extract of the second instance judgment of the Trial Court...

  • Úz Valley lawsuits drag on

    transylvanianow.com - August 3, 2021 | Attila Szoó The trial of the administrative lawsuit based on the unsolved border dispute between the Hargita (Harghita) County’s Csíkszentmárton (Sânmartin Ciuc) and the Bákó (Bacău) County’s Dormánfalva...

Úz-völgye a XIX. században | Forrás: maps.arcanum.com

Home | News | Photo gallery

© 2019 - 2024 - uz-volgye.ro | valea-uzului.ro | Imprint